In Estonia, the liaison agency for employees is the Labour Inspectorate.
The Labour Inspectorate performs state supervision of the conditions of employment of posted workers in Estonia and responds to reasoned requests for information about laws, other legal acts, and extended collective agreements that apply to posted workers. In addition, the Labour Inspectorate manages the exchange of information with other EU member states.
In addition to the Labour Inspectorate, the following state agencies also deal with the issues of posted workers in their respective spheres of competence:
- social insurance matters – National Social Insurance Board
- health insurance – Estonian Health Insurance Fund
- taxation – Estonian Tax and Customs Board
- migration matters – Police and Border Guard Board, customer information: 612 3000, migration counsellors: 612 3500.
Useful information about conditions of employment and residence abroad is provided by the European jobs network EURES (European Employment Services). More information can be found on the EURES websites http://europa.eu/eures and www.eures.ee.
Counselling services are provided by the following agencies:
- Integration Foundation – counselling, information about integration, and immersion courses on language and culture. See also the foundation’s counselling web;
- Estonian Refugee Council – support services to beneficiaries of international protection;
- Innove Foundation – counselling for language studies, preparation for citizenship examinations, and educational staff;
- Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund – counselling on first-time employment in Estonia, counselling for unemployed and employed persons, debt, addiction and experience counselling.
More detailed information about requirements for the conditions of employment of posted workers is available from the liaison agency for posted workers of the destination country. Contact details of foreign embassies can be found HERE