In Estonia, the liaison office for employees is the Labour Inspectorate.
The Labour Inspectorate performs state supervision of the conditions of employment of posted workers in Estonia and responds to reasoned requests for information about laws, other legal acts, and extended collective agreements that apply to posted workers. In addition, the Labour Inspectorate manages the exchange of information with other EU member states.
The Labour Inspectorate provides free counselling services to both employees and employers. If you have any questions regarding the registration of employees posted to Estonia or the working conditions of employees posted to Estonia, you can contact a counselling lawyer or work environment consultant of the Labour Inspectorate. The counselling lawyer answers questions related to employment relations, the work environment consultant answers questions related to work environment safety and occupational health.
The Labour Inspectorate currently provides counselling services by telephone (+372 640 6000) and via e-mail (email@example.com). The counselling service of the Labour Inspectorate is free of charge.
The counselling lawyer and work environment consultant can be contacted in Estonian, English and Russian.
In addition to the Labour Inspectorate, the following state agencies also deal with the issues of posted workers in their respective spheres of competence:
- social insurance matters – National Social Insurance Board
- health insurance – Estonian Health Insurance Fund
- taxation – Estonian Tax and Customs Board
- migration matters – Police and Border Guard Board, customer information: 612 3000, migration counsellors: 612 3500.
Useful information about conditions of employment and residence abroad is provided by the European jobs network EURES (European Employment Services). More information can be found on the EURES websites http://europa.eu/eures and www.eures.ee.
Counselling services are provided by the following agencies:
- Integration Foundation – counselling, information about integration, and immersion courses on language and culture. See also the foundation’s counselling web;
- Estonian Refugee Council – support services to beneficiaries of international protection;
- Innove Foundation – counselling for language studies, preparation for citizenship examinations, and educational staff;
- Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund – counselling on first-time employment in Estonia, counselling for unemployed and employed persons, debt, addiction and experience counselling.
More detailed information about requirements for the conditions of employment of posted workers is available from the liaison agency for posted workers of the destination country. Contact details of foreign embassies can be found HERE.
Liaison offices for posted workers in other countries can be found HERE.